Why burn a disk when you could mount it? and who wants to remember such command to mount an ISO image
- mount -o loop -t iso9660 file.iso /mnt/test
not to mention the long list of mount parameters.
Well, I do want to remember such command but I don’t mind having an easy cool tool to mount ISO images.
Gnome ISO Mounter (Gmount-ISO) is a tool that ease for Desktop users the CD Image files (ISO) mounting/unmounting .
Gnome ISO Mounter (Gmount-ISO) package is available under Ubuntu 7.10 repository
- Package: <a href="https://launchpad.net/gmount-iso/">gmountiso</a>
- State: installed
- Automatically installed: yes
- Version: 0.4-0ubuntu2
- Priority: optional
- Section: universe/utils
- Maintainer: Ubuntu MOTU Developers
- Uncompressed Size: 168k
- Depends: python, python-central (>= 0.5.8), python-glade2, python-gtk2
- Suggests: nautilus
- Description: This is Gmountiso, a PyGTK GUI to mount your cd images
- Gmount-iso is a small tool written using PyGTK and Glade. It allows you to easily mount your cd images. This is a frontend to the 'mount -o loop -t iso9660
- foo.iso /mountpoint' command
- Homepage: http://www.crans.ens-cachan.fr/Syst%C3%A8meLinux/GmountIso
and can be easily obtained with aptitude.
- sudo aptitude install gmountiso
Wish you a very happy mounting
Tags: images cd, optional section, iso images, cd images, desktop users, image iso, cachan, gtk2, cd image, iso image, aptitude, image files, glade, gnome, python, foo, repository, parameters, pygtk, developers