We have been working on Ubuntu Arabic silently to merge all of the scattered Ubuntu related efforts in Arabia to establish one solid good team and I guess we just did it and we just reached phase zero. (Yes, we were working in minus degree).
First, we merged with ubuntu-alarabi.net and now waiting to hear from arabuntu.org, we are so excited and we want to put all possible efforts on this team.
Our goals includes but are not limited to the following
- Handling Arabic Support on discussion forum, mailing list IRC and LP answers.
- Provide hosting to Ubuntu LoCo Teams in Arabia and giving them all kind of possible help
- Translating available contributor guides to Arabic to get the more contributors from Arabia (Now we are working on new translators guide) next might be MOTU
- Taking Arabic translation into higher level, currently we have 165 translator, 266742 untranslated strings which make the status %64 untranslated.
- Providing Arab users with apps that doesn’t exists yet in official repositories in our PPA
We still need lots of time to get in shape and this is just the start, our team still small and of course we are in need for any tiny contribution, if you are interested in helping please join us
Mailing list: http://lists.ubuntu.com/Ubuntu-Arabic
Related Projects: Ubuntu Arabic Website – Stardict English Arabic dictionary
PPA: Ubuntu Arabic Personal Package Archive
Discussion Forums: Temporarly Ubuntu-Arabic.org/forum but soon we are moving to forum.Ubuntu-Arabic.org
IRC Channel: #Ubuntu-Arabic on Freenode network
IRC Bot – Ubuntu-Arabic / Arabot
The team would like to thank Kuwaitnet.net for sponsoring us with a one year dedicated server and a life time license of vBulletin (They are hosting the Arabic Open CD too!) , we also would like to thank DirectAdmin ControlPanel for sponsoring us with a life time license which will make it easier to provide Arabia’s LoCo teams with hosting.
Thank you Kuwaitnet and DirectAdmin, without your help things would be very tough on us.
Tags: english arabic dictionary, untranslated strings, tiny contribution, package archive, arabic website, arabic , support, arabic translation, personal package, time license, phase zero, irc channel, stardict, forum mailing, controlpanel, launchpad, ppa, org forum, life time, repositories, loco